Two years ago, at the age of 35, Hailey had a stroke following a cosmetic injection. She was in the hospital for five weeks, and when she was released, she had no idea how much of her former abilities she would be able to recover. She was sleeping 15 hours a day, and could barely walk without feeling exhausted.
She gradually developed her own daily practices to support her recovery. She did physical practices to increase her stamina and support the healing of her brain. She did meditative practices to support her emotional and spiritual well-being. While her practices ultimately grew to two hours a day, she was dedicated to doing them to support her own healing.
Now Hailey is almost fully recovered from her stroke, and continues to do a smaller set of her practices. She candidly shares the challenges of keeping to a practice now that she is back to her busy, regular life. She also shares why she is on a mission to help women look and feel their best using all natural methods.
In this interview, Hailey shares:
- the story of her stroke.
- how her daily practice became her life preserver during her recovery.
- which simple practice she started with and how her practice grew from that.
- the physical practices she used to regain her energy.
- how she just did what she could and gradually was able to do more.
- the yoga prop she used to help her brain recover (and that she still uses today).
- the personal mediation she developed for herself (and all the resources she used to create it).
- what her daily practice is now that she’s out of recovery mode.
- her challenges keeping up her practice now that she’s back in regular life.
- how meditating cleared the brain fog she didn’t even know she was living with.
- her advice for creating your own personal meditation practice.
- her on a mission to help women look and feel their best with all natural methods (including meditation).
Resources to Connect with Hailey:
- www.haileynicole.com – Hailey’s website
Other Resources Shared in this Interview:
- Brain squats – Hailey learned these from a teacher in London, but she said that these instructions match what she was taught
- Five Tibetans exercises – Hailey originally saw the practice on this Dr. Oz episode and also referred to the t5t.com website
- Headstand stool – Hailey used the Feet Up headstand stool. I don’t think it is available in the U.S., but this product from Gaiam is similar.
- I AM Wishes Fulfilled Meditation – the music Hailey uses during her meditation. She didn’t mention it by name during the interview, but she wanted me to share the information with you because she has found it to be so powerful.
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
How do you ever used daily practices to help you recover from a physical setback or challenge? Or created your own personalized meditation? Does Hailey’s story inspire you to try something new? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.