Elena has done different daily practices since she was a teen, including exercise, yoga, inspirational reading and eating well. Even with that basis in place, things shifted when she become a mother. There was this new person to focus her energy on, and she wasn’t clear how to show up as this new version of herself and care for herself and her child at the same time.
She had already been coaching for many years, and was drawn to yoga to help her find her balance. She started a yoga teacher training. At first, she started with just 5 minutes of yoga in the morning. And that gradually become 10 minutes. She has gradually create a wonderful self-care ritual for herself that encompasses all aspects of her being – mental, physical, emotional and spiritual.
Elena is now sharing her self-care rituals with other mamas so they can show up as this new version of themselves and still feel authentically themselves. She beautifully describes how to start slowly and gently with creating a self-care routine and focusing on finding what works for you. She emphasizes taking each step with love and compassion, and keeping your promises to yourself on these smaller actions so you can show up for yourself more fully each day.
In this interview, Elena shares:
- how having a child shifted her experience and how she used daily practices to support becoming this new version of herself.
- the importance of honoring sleep as a daily ritual.
- what she does to have the best transition into and out of her sleep time.
- the wide variety of practices she is doing now.
- why her beauty routine is an important part of her self-care and not just an afterthought.
- how she started this process with just 5 minutes of yoga in the morning.
- how keeping small promises to ourselves is crucial to following our dreams and achieving our goals.
- that you are your #1 asset and to take care of yourself first so you can show up as the best version of yourself for others.
- the importance of tuning in and taking care of our own needs.
- that she sometimes overextends herself and needs to take time to recharge when she does.
- what she does to help support women in creating their own self-care rituals.
- the simple question to get you started on your self-care journey and how to get the best answers for you
Resources to Connect with Elena:
- www.elenalipson.com – Elena’s website; find out more about her 21 Days of Radical Self-Care Rituals program
- Elena via email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elena on Twitter
- Elena on Facebook
- Elena on Pinterest
Other Resources Shared in this Interview:
- orange glow Himalayan salt lamp – Elena uses one like this in the evening and the morning to ease her transition into and out of bed
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
Do you have a morning or evening self-care routine? What do you do? If you don’t, are you inspired to try any of Elena’s practices for yourself? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.