Kamali was having a hard time connecting with her partner in bed. She wasn’t getting the intimacy, connection and depth she wanted, and she wasn’t able to find a way through it. She heard a tantra teacher speak about how tantra embraces everything, including sexuality, and something unlocked in Kamali – she knew this was something she wanted to pursue.
She started with a home study course, learning the tantric meditations and practicing them at home on her own. She started feeling the changes in her body and she knew she wanted more. She and her partner learned practices they did together, and were able to break through their personal blocks to connect more deeply to themselves and to each other.
Life got challenging and Kamali came to see all the strengths she had gained from these practices: the strength to stay with her challenging emotions, the courage to become more of her authentic self, and the trust that nothing wrong was happening.
After learning and living these tantric practices, she is now stepping to the role of tantra teacher herself, holding space for others to return to the love inside themselves. She continues to use her tantric practices to support herself as she grows and expands to take on this new, more authentic life.
In this interview, Kamali shares:
- how she started practicing on her own and then shifted to practicing with her partner.
- the key elements of the tantric meditations she learned.
- the value of both intense weekend workshop experiences AND practicing regularly at home.
- an example of using a tantric practice to work through an argument with her partner.
- all the things she had to let go of to step into this new life.
- what she always found underneath when she let her really raw emotions flow.
- how she learned to trust that nothing wrong is happening.
- the biggest gift of her tantric practices.
- simple ideas to start your own tantric practice.
- how listening for the pleasure in life has helped her find and follow her new path.
Resources to Connect with Kamali:
- Kamali’s website – spaceforlove.com
- Kamali on Facebook
- Kamali on Twitter
- The Awaken Weekend – the Level 1 tantra workshop Kamali teaches – theawakenweekend.com
- Kamali’s tantra practice groups in Santa Monica – embodytantra.com/calendar/
Other Resources Shared in this Interview:
- Charu’s website – embodytantra.com
- Charu’s Awaken to Your Body program (women’s home study tantra course) – awakentoyourbody.com
- Charu’s Tantric Tasters (an introductory evening to tantra) – check this calendar for more details
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
Can you relate to where Kamali started? Did you find any inspiration in her story? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.