When Cara started her Master’s Degree in Spiritual Psychology, she started a formal daily practice to take care of herself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. It started with small things, like taking a vitamin and going for a walk. Each month, she would evaluate her practices and decide what to keep and what to change.
Of all the practices she did, the one that affected her the most is grounding. She does it herself morning and night (and whenever she realizes she needs it). She starts new clients with grounding. She uses it with her children every night before they go to sleep, and even taught her son to do it while he was in preschool. As Cara says, “To meet me is to know how to set your ground.”
Grounding is our basic energetic connection to the earth. Without it, we stay in fight or flight mode, not thinking clearly and not able to make good choices in the moment. To teach you how to ground, Cara has generously provided a short recorded grounding and centering practice below.
Cara describes how her daily practice has evolved over the last five years, how she is able to stay with it even with the unexpected twists and turns of life, and how grounding is still the one thing she turns to over and over again to help make all the other pieces fall into place.
In this interview, Cara shares:
- how she started her daily practice.
- what grounding is and why it’s so important.
- why grounding may feel uncomfortable at first (and that’s ok).
- why grounding may not feel like anything at first (and that’s ok).
- how grounding has changed for her over the last five years.
- her current daily practices and what it’s like when she misses them.
- how her practices help her deal with life’s unexpected events.
- why she views each practice completed as a deposit in the bank.
- how having the structure of a daily practice can help carry us through when our motivation is low.
- her best advise to get started (it’s not just about grounding).
The Practice – Grounding and Centering:
Resources to Connect with Cara:
- website – caragubbins.com
- email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Facebook – Ask Dr. Cara
- If you liked Cara’s grounding and centering practice, check out her free Intuitive Development package with an ebook to find your strongest natural intuitive channel and a recording to turn on your intuition to maximize your intuitive abilities.
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
Did you try Cara’s grounding practice, or do you already have a different one you do? Do you know what it’s like to feel grounded? Are you curious to find out? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.