It all started with one decision – “I don’t want this anymore. I won’t let this happen anymore.” Michelle was a freshman at university. She kept all sorts of odd hours, hardly ever went out in the sunlight and didn’t eat well. She had a hard time even getting out of bed every day. She was seriously depressed.
But once she made that decision, things started to change. She decided to create a list every day of the things she was going to get done, no matter what. Her first list – “wake up and brush my teeth.” That’s it. But after the haphazard way she had been living, that felt challenging and important – challenging to make even that small of a commitment to her own well-being, and important to following through on her decision to change.
A few days later, after brushing her teeth became easy, she dropped that from the list and added taking a shower. And once that became easy, she added eating breakfast within two hours of waking up. Slowly and steadily, Michelle came out of her depression. She found more and more healthy habits and successfully integrated them into her daily routine. She eventually studied to become a Certified Natural Health and Wellness Coach and now supports women in using this approach to find and follow through on the changes they need to live their best, most healthy lives.
Michelle shares her whole story of going from a depressed university student to a successful business owner and coach who is continually growing and expanding and following her dreams. She also shares her system to find your highest priority right now and how to develop your own “get it done” list so you can build the life of your dreams, one day at a time.
In this interview, Michelle shares:
- her low point and the shift that she made to bring herself out of depression
- the small changes she started making consistently every day
- the unexpected challenges of drinking enough water every day and why it’s a good place to start
- the Bible verse that inspires and informs her approach
- the value of using her Life Inventory to help you find the one goal for you to focus on right now
- how setting a bigger goal (like running a race) can support you in changing multiple habits at one time
- how she uses this practice daily to support of her business and her life
- how her life has changed since she’s started making her “get it done” list every day
- her struggles to create a prayer practice and how she was able to stay with it until it became a regular part of her day
The Practice – Life Inventory
Resources to Connect with Michelle:
- Michelle’s website – michellegreenman.com
- Michelle’s free health and wellness assessment to help you find the steps you need to get started – michellegreenman.com/start/
- toll free number – 1-888-959-7945
- Michelle on Facebook
- Michelle on Twitter
- Michelle on YouTube
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
Are you clear on your #1 priority right now? Are you spending time and energy every day on it? Did Michelle inspire you to look at your situation in a new way? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.