Anne has a strong personal daily practice. She’s been experimenting with different practices since she was a teenager, often without even knowing that was what she was doing. Today, she blends together many practices throughout her day, feeling into what she needs and then choosing a practice to best support herself in the moment.
But there are times when she wants to go deeper, to take more time and space to reflect, get quiet, and dive deeper than she can during her day-to-day life. Then she creates a spiritual retreat for herself. By consciously creating extended time and space for herself, she is able to open up and find new levels of connection and healing.
Sometimes, these retreats are joyful and light and energizing. Sometimes, they are painful and tiring and deeply healing. They are always incredibly valuable, taking Anne into places she can’t always reach in her regular life.
Anne shares her whole daily practice journey, how she creates her own spiritual retreats, and her best advice for you to create your own spiritual retreat.
In this interview, Anne shares:
- what she learned from taking a spontaneous vow of silence as a teenager
- the practice she always does to get centered before she starts to work
- the elements she likes to include in her spiritual retreats
- how to have a spiritual retreat at home with other people around
- how she felt awful during her most recent retreat and all the benefits she got from it
- the variety of experiences she has had on her spiritual retreats
- how even three hours alone can be a spiritual retreat
- her recommendations to do a spiritual retreat of your own
The Practice – Grounding and Balancing the Root Chakra
Resources to Connect with Anne:
- Anne’s website – annehayman.com
- Anne’s blog post about her spiritual retreat
- Anne’s moon manifesting ceremonies
- Anne on Facebook
- Anne on Instagram
- Anne on Twitter
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- telling your friends.
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
Have you ever done your own spiritual retreat? Do you want to try one after hearing Anne’s story? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.