Melani started writing lists when she was 12. Between being diagnosed with severe scoliosis and entering adolescence, she needed something to feel like she had some control in her life. That’s how her daily practice began.
She gradually shifted from lists to journaling. She would take time for lots of physical movement – swimming, skiing, riding horses. When she had to wear a cast for a year after surgery, she added singing and playing the guitar to help her express all the feelings she was going through.
When she became a single mother of three, she swam and meditated every day as a way to support herself. She developed a walking practice to be present in her body and receive the answers to the continual questions she asks. She learned a powerful energy technique that cleared her PTSD and allowed her to finally live without continual anxiety.
Melani’s daily practice journey has been an amazing, unfolding process of connecting to herself over and over again, in new and different ways as she has changed and grown over the years. Listen as she describes all the different practices she has used, and how they all follow the same thread – an ever deepening connection to herself.
In this interview, Melani shares:
- how she does her current daily walking practice.
- her method for asking questions and receiving answers.
- the quote she found in a blue plastic Easter egg when she was asking for guidance.
- what meditation means to her.
- the practice she loves to do during her walks (and that she shares on Facebook).
- what is CCT and how it has helped her.
- how her practice changes when her life gets stressful.
- how she deals with thoughts during her meditation.
- the practice that has been most powerful for her in the last five years.
The Practice – CCT™ Energy Session for Daily Practice
Resources to Connect with Melani:
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- telling your friends.
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
What inspires you most about Melani’s story? Are you interested in trying any of the practices she does? Or are you just inspired to add some more variety to your daily practices? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.