Claire’s daughter has been a sweet, loving girl, but the combination of hormones, autism and changes in her epilepsy had made her difficult live with, even dangerous. Claire was at the end of her rope, not even sure if she wanted to live. She knew something had to change, but she didn’t know what.
A woman in her community was teaching a class on EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) Tapping. Claire was a trained shiatsu practitioner, and honestly, she thought the idea of bring an issue to mind and tapping on yourself while saying words out loud sounded crazy. She respected this woman though and went to a class on weight loss. Even after her first session, she was clear this was what she needed to help her with her situation with her daughter.
Claire continued sessions with the EFT practitioner and was able to find a whole different place of calm and peace to help her daughter. She went on to study EFT on her own, and is now teaching others how to make it a daily practice.
Claire shares her moving and remarkable story of what EFT is, how she shifted her original ideas about EFT, and the many changes she and her daughter have both experienced using this technique.
In this interview, Claire shares:
- how dancing was her first daily practice
- her experience with Buddhist meditation and how it didn’t land for her
- the basics of EFT Tapping
- a quick experience of tapping
- why creativity is her favorite part of EFT
- how Claire uses EFT with and for her daughter
- her complete daily practice
- her key to getting the most out of EFT
- her advice for getting started with EFT
Resources to Connect with Claire:
- Claire’s website – clairephayes.com
- Claire’s book – Everyday Happiness: EFT Tapping for Self Transformation that Really Works
- free 45 minute EFT session with Claire
Other Resources Shared in this Interview:
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- telling your friends.
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
Have you ever tried EFT? Did Claire give you any new or different perspective on EFT? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.