Heather Rampolla’s career was taking off. She was climbing the corporate ladder, getting promotion after promotion, working all the time. She got married and became a stepmom to two teenage stepdaughters. And with all this, she was living on coffee and junk food.
One night, she fainted when she got up to go to the bathroom. She ended up going to the ER and found out that she was severely dehydrated. That was her wake up call. She started to question how what she was eating was affecting her health and how she was feeling every day.
She and her husband decided to try a raw, vegan diet for three months. Figuring out what to eat and how to fit it into her busy life was only part of the problem. She found herself dealing with mindset issues, and she turned to daily practices to support herself in facing these challenges.
Heather has totally transformed her life. Her diet changes have brought her a new level of health and wellness, and her daily practices have brought her to a new level of self love and acceptance. Listen to her inspiring story of how she combined both elements into her total health makeover.
In this interview, Heather shares:
- her initial reaction when her husband asked her to become a raw food vegan
- how her mindset in the morning affects her whole day
- her clarity about eating healthy for herself regardless of what choices her family makes
- the value of being in a community to get support when making a health change
- the daily practice she uses to start off her day on the right foot
- the power of facing our unconscious beliefs about our body and working through them
- the body love practice she shares to help support people working to change their health
- the #1 thing she recommends to someone starting to changing their health
The Practice – Body Love Guided Meditation
Resources to Connect with Heather:
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- telling your friends.
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
Do you find it difficult to change your eating habits? Do you have any daily practices to support yourself with those changes? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.