Peggy started Simple Daily Practice Radio as a way to talk about daily practice by having people share their stories of their own daily practices. After 24 interviews, she wanted to share 6 insights she’s received from these interviews.
Here is an overview of the 6 insights. For more details for each insight, listen to the episode below. Whenever a specific person was mentioned as an example for an insight, a link to their full interview is included if you want to listen to their full story.
Insight #1 – Follow Your Inspiration
- Marie Dotts – walking into a tai chi class and feeling a sense of coming home
- Claire Hayes – experiencing EFT and knowing it would help her deal with difficulties she was having with her daughter
- Everett Young – reconnecting with his lifelong dream of becoming a professional guitar player
Insight #2 – Start Small and Simple
- Elena Lipson – setting her alarm 10 minutes earlier and hit the snooze button every day
- Megan Potter – making a cup of tea and drinking it in her favorite chair
- Natanya Lara – focusing on one thing she was grateful for before she got out of bed
Insight #3 – You Don’t Have to Be As Consistent As You Think
- Jen Trulson – stopping her morning practice for weeks or months
- Everett Young – growing a commitment
- Elsie Escobar – varying her morning practice depending on the needs of her young daughters.
- Cara Gubbins – missing a few days of her practice when her son was sick
Insight #4 – Be Flexible
- Kirk Bowers – playing piano for 30 minutes every morning
- Hailey Terrell – creating her own custom chakra meditation
- Sharon Alexander – customizing her daily choice of combination of Ayurvedic self-care practices, meditation and yoga
- Melani Marx – developing and changing her practice over time
- Alexia Leachman – experimenting with many different practices until she found her breakthrough practices
Insight #5 – Choose a Structure that Works for You
- Laurie Foley – doing a 30 day prayer practice
- Anne Hayman – creating her own weekend spiritual retreat
- Jesse Gros – approaching travel as a personal practice
- Lisa Melli Gillespie – doing 101 new things in 1001 days
- Stevie Puckett – staying connected to her intuition 24/7
Insight #6 – It’s So Worth It
- Heather Chauvin didn’t think she knew how to live until she had a daily practice
- Kamali Minter finally felt like she was living her own life rather than the life that was handed to her by her parents and society.
- Alexia Leachman couldn’t even relate to how she was before she started her daily practice, that it felt like a whole different life to her.
- Jen Trulson said it brought her back to herself and allowed her to live every day from a more loving place.
Resources to Connect with Peggy:
If you enjoyed this episode, I would love it if you would support the show by:
- telling your friends.
- sharing this episode using the social sharing buttons below.
- subscribing to the show and leaving a rating and review in iTunes. Not sure how? Just follow these simple steps here.
- subscribing to the show in Stitcher.
- subscribing to the show in RSS.
Thanks so much for your support!
Did you get any new insights about daily practice? Are you motivated to do anything differently now? I’d love to hear from you. Please share in the comments below.